The very popular Bow Valley Mountain Bike Trail Guide is now available as an iPhone app! The Bow Valley app includes all Banff, Canmore and Lake Louise trails open to mountain biking; including all trails located at the Canmore Nordic Centre. Bonus trails include Pipestone and Bow River Loop, not included in the original book. Find and ride classic trails including Lake Minnewanka, Reclaimer and Moraine Lake Highline with ease.
What does it do?
This simple, yet powerful app is easy to use and provides the user with all the information one could possibly want to help them navigate mountain bike trails in Banff, Canmore and Lake Louise. Once you purchase the app and download it, you will get instant access to all the trail descriptions, elevation profiles and maps for all three areas.
The app works great without GPS or cell reception; however, the real power of the Bow Valley app is the built in location tracking. Enabling this feature will pinpointing the rider’s location on the selected map with impressive accuracy. This is particularly helpful for those trying to navigate the maze of trails located at the Canmore Nordic Centre.
- Complete maps, elevation profiles, trail descriptions
- Location tracking enabled; showing you exactly where you are on the trail
- Works without a cell signal or Wi-Fi, once the app is downloaded you’ll have full access to all maps even without cell reception
- The FULL list of Canmore Nordic Centre summer trails is included; helping you get around this maze of trails
- Auto pan and zoom maps to selected trails
- Dynamic scale bars to help you judge the distance of trails on the maps
How much does it cost?
The cost for the app is $11.99 and includes free updates. That means when we add new trails, make edits to existing ones, or enhance the functions of the app, you’ll be the first to know. As with other apps, your iTunes account will notify you of any pending updates; all you will need to do is click on the install update. It’s that simple and it won’t cost you any more to do so. Trails and trail networks change regularly, with this app you’ll be kept updated on these changes as they occur in the Bow Valley.
How do I get it?
You can purchase the app directly from the iTunes store using your iPhone or iPad. Just click on the link below and make sure you have a Wi-Fi signal for the initial download.