One great thing about these trails is that it’s almost impossible to get lost. If you find yourself confused, jump on the White Trail (dirt road) and follow it east back to the White Trailhead or all the way to the Gooseberry Mesa Trailhead. The White Trail will be to the north or south of the trail you are on.
Gooseberry Mesa Trails
- Windmill Trail (intermediate): 2.4 km
- Bowls and Ledges Trail (intermediate): 1.8 km
- Practice Trail (intermediate): 2.1 km
- White Trail (beginner): 5.0 km
- Connector Trail (beginner): 0.1 km
- North Rim Trail (intermediate): 3.4 km
- Hidden Canyon Trail (advanced): 3.1 km
- South Rim Trail (expert): 9.5 km
- Yellow Trail (advanced): 0.8 km
Warning: accessing Gooseberry Mesa
Word of caution. Do not try and attempt to shuttle the road to Gooseberry Mesa after heavy rains. The road becomes extremely slick and muddy, making it impassable even for 4WD drive vehicles/trucks. We ran into a number of trucks and cars stuck just 500 metres from the Hwy 59 turnoff, two days after it rained. Check with the local shops for an update on the road before heading out.
The road up to Gooseberry is best driven using a truck or SUV, but is doable in a sedan when the road has dried out.